Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Software] [?]Attaching an image file with an audio file

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
bkpsusmitaa

[Software] [?]Attaching an image file with an audio file

#1 Post by bkpsusmitaa »

Old Debian flavours Lenny and Stretch had an option with the Nautilus file browser to attach an image file (and even notes as plain text) with an audio file with Right Click/Properties. The feature can no longer be found.
Is there still a way to attach an image file and text with an audio file using the Right Click/Properties?
Last edited by bkpsusmitaa on 2022-11-05 03:22, edited 1 time in total.
Freedom is impossible to conceive.
Books that help:
Dale Carnegie's How To Win Friends And Influence People and Emilie Post's Etiquette In Society, In Business, In Politics, And At Home

FreewheelinFrank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [Software] [?]Attaching an image file with an audio file

#2 Post by FreewheelinFrank »

Sounds like you mean an option to add a cover art tag to the file metadata: I don't remember Nautilus ever doing that from the properties menu. Perhaps it was an extension? easytag-nautilus is available in Bullseye and probably has such an option.

bkpsusmitaa

#3 Post by bkpsusmitaa »

FreewheelinFrank wrote: 2022-11-03 06:48 Sounds like you mean an option to add a cover art tag to the file metadata ...
No, I meant an image file and also text (i included the part 'text' in my original question).
I want to attach a pic with an audio file. It has been nearly a decade, so I have forgotten how I did that. Logically, it is like attaching files with an email. When an email is downloaded and saved as a .eml file extension, the attached files are also included.
Thank you for replying.
Books that help:
Dale Carnegie's How To Win Friends And Influence People and Emilie Post's Etiquette In Society, In Business, In Politics, And At Home

FreewheelinFrank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#4 Post by FreewheelinFrank »

You can add text to the metadata too, in the comment field.

If you actually want to group an audio, a text and an image file together as one object, then sorry, I don't know how that would be done.

bkpsusmitaa

#5 Post by bkpsusmitaa »

Checked your attachment. Thank you. easyTAG is a partial solution. There should be some more. Checked synaptic with the string, "add image audio file". Didn't find anything relevant. Shall try with easier keywords.
I shall provide an example. If for example, the YouTube video [Removed by Moderator] is downloaded and converted to ogg format by soundconverter, the main pic remains attached with the file and is displayed by smplayer. The file could be checked at the following Google Drive folder .
The file is converted and uploaded for educational purpose only. It shall shortly be deleted.
Books that help:

sunrat
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Post by sunrat »

I use kid3. It's just drag n' drop to embed cover images. Install kid3 for KDE, or kid3-qt for other DEs. Works for most audio file formats which support embedded cover images.

https://fostips.com/album-cover-mp3-ubuntu-debian/

You could have easily found this yourself using search terms linux embed cover image audio file
https://www.startpage.com/do/dsearch?qu ... audio+file
“ computer users can be divided into 2 categories:
Those who have lost data
...and those who have not lost data YET ”
Remember to BACKUP!

bkpsusmitaa

[Solved] [?]Attaching an image file with an audio file

#7 Post by bkpsusmitaa »

sunrat wrote: 2022-11-14 22:04I use kid3. ... using search terms linux embed cover image audio file
https://www.startpage.com/do/dsearch?qu ... audio+file
Thank you for your reply with a solution and the keyword "embed".
Books that help: