Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Not all Debian derivatives are equal

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
jmgibson1981

Re: Not all Debian derivatives are equal

#21 Post by jmgibson1981 »

It bugs me how many derivatives there are that are really nothing but a custom gui on top of another distro. If I see another "based on Ubuntu" I'm going to be sick. Nothing is original anymore. Kind of like Hollywood...

Fossy
df -h | participant
df -h | participant

#22 Post by Fossy »

jmgibson1981 wrote: 2022-12-04 15:16 It bugs me how many derivatives there are that are really nothing but a custom gui on top of another distro. If I see another "based on Ubuntu" I'm going to be sick. Nothing is original anymore. Kind of like Hollywood...
Be nice , let the donkeys have their way , after all it is half their food …my modest tolerant opinion .
Though , do not understand the deep meaning why these derivative fanatics sit and waste their time on Debian User Forums . Misplaced soul winning ? Trying to convince themselves how smart ? they are ?
I personnaly do not have any interest and do not waste my time advertising like an idiot on other sites about how good and satisfied I am with Debian Stable :wink:
ASUS GL753VD / X550LD / K54HR / X751LAB ( x2 )
Bookworm12.5_Cinnamon / Calamares Single Boot installations
Firefox ESR / DuckDuckGo / Thunderbird / LibreOffice / GIMP / eID Software

https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/cu ... so-hybrid/

jmgibson1981

#23 Post by jmgibson1981 »

I do want to clarify that I have no problem with Ubuntu derivatives. I'm using Elementary OS right now and loving Pantheon. Gave up trying to build Pantheon for Debian. I can't stand the endless stream of "based on Ubuntu" that don't do anything different. They exclusively use Ubuntu's repositories. They don't offer anything that can't be achieved by Ubuntu proper. At that point it's not a derivative. Just a waste of space on the internet.

tzf

#24 Post by tzf »

hi guys !

IMO, nakeDeb is actually to be used with i3WM and not fluxbox, if you want to get the true taste of its flavor !

you can get to know more about it there: https://nakedeb.arpinux.org/index-en.html

best bits !