Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Discussion] ChatGPT forum members?

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
CwF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

[Discussion] ChatGPT forum members?

#1 Post by CwF »

just wondering...

40 some odd years ago I heard the actual HAL (9000) speak at it's UIUC birthplace. I shivered. I kind of expected more by now.

LE_746F6D617A7A69

Re: [Discussion] ChatGPT forum members?

#2 Post by LE_746F6D617A7A69 »

HAL9000 capabilities are still unreachable for current technology, but I think that we are getting closer and closer to build a true AI machine.
ChatGPT is a toy, and GPT-3 is just a combination of adaptive algorithm and a state machine with a huge state space.
Bill Gates: "(...) In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and I fished out listings of their operating system."
The_full_story and Nothing_have_changed

donald
Debian Developer, Site Admin

#3 Post by donald »

Typo perfectionish.

"The advice given above is all good, and just because a new message has appeared it does not mean that a problem has arisen, just that a new gremlin hiding in the hardware has been exposed." - FreewheelinFrank

LE_746F6D617A7A69

#4 Post by LE_746F6D617A7A69 »

The year is 2045. The world is in a state of economic collapse due to the rise of automation, leaving millions of people unemployed and desperate.
Hmm, at least in my experience the "rise of automation" causes increasing "lack of manpower" - I could wrote a book on this topic, but it boils down to the fact, that today's automated systems are so buggy that they just can't work without human supervision ;)

Regards
Bill Gates: "(...) In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and I fished out listings of their operating system."
The_full_story and Nothing_have_changed

donald

#5 Post by donald »

LE_746F6D617A7A69 wrote: 2022-12-15 22:18
The year is 2045. The world is in a state of economic collapse due to the rise of automation, leaving millions of people unemployed and desperate.
Hmm, at least in my experience the "rise of automation" causes increasing "lack of manpower" - I could wrote a book on this topic, but it boils down to the fact, that today's automated systems are so buggy that they just can't work without human supervision ;)

Regards
Same here for the most part. AI in deep learning, model predictions, or streamlining repetitive tasks is a far cry from 'The Rise of the Machines'.

Humans as the architects, builders, infrastructural engineers , mechanics... Those who support those same AI systems seem to show more job creation than loss.
Typo perfectionish.

"The advice given above is all good, and just because a new message has appeared it does not mean that a problem has arisen, just that a new gremlin hiding in the hardware has been exposed." - FreewheelinFrank