Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Solved] Debian + KDE restoring session/apps from some previous run, how to prevent and delete session

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
postcd

[Solved] Debian + KDE restoring session/apps from some previous run, how to prevent and delete session

#1 Post by postcd »

Debian 11 5.10.0-19-amd64 KDE latest stable package (5.20.5)

A few weeks ago i have seen it for the 1st time, then it repeated always after i boot:

After login i am seeing apps already running, like it remember some session in the past (not last one, since i closed all apps and reboot). And this is a big problem for me, because the drive many apps needs is not mounted, causing issues.

What seemingly helped:
I have installed and booted kernel from proposed updates: 5.10.0-20
+ ran command "systemsettings5", type "sess", click "Desktop Session", switch from "Restore previous session" to "Start with an empty session", click "Apply".

After reboot it was OK.

Then i have removed some year old files from: find $HOME/.config/session -type f -ctime +30 -delete
anyway that directory contain only small amount of software like dolphin, text editor, konsole, kwin
But the file: rm $HOME/.config/ksmserverrc
contained also other apps, and after removing it, i believe this issue will not appear again. until i somehow select to save session (on logout?)