Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Windows making me laugh yet again...

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
pwzhangzz

Re: Windows making me laugh yet again...

#21 Post by pwzhangzz »

ticojohn wrote: 2022-12-29 13:59 Windows, egads. I haven't used windows since getting turned on to Linux some 12 or 13 years ago. I'm afraid to even touch a computer running Windows for fear that I might get infected. :lol:
Many years ago (say, 12 or 13 years ago :D ) when Linux desktops were so far inferior (in both functionality and user-friendliness, among other things) to Windows, it was important to keep ourselves "pure", by shying away from Windows at all costs. However, the table now has turned. Based on my "totally unbiased opinion" :mrgreen: , I can create a Sid ("Bookworm") desktop (using gnome 43 and its extensions) that is far superior (again, in both functionality and user-friendliness, among many other things) to Windows including Win11. Of course gnome itself sucks (I never liked dash), big time, but working with gnome extensions one can create a Bookworm desktop that provides the advantages of both Windows and MacOS. Some Linux old hands do not like its purity. But if Windows and Mac users like it, what do I care? :lol: :lol: :lol: