Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Please Read: Welcome to Off-Topic!

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
canci
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Please Read: Welcome to Off-Topic!

#1 Post by canci »

My name is canci and I'll be your off-topic host and subforum moderator.

While other forum sections are more restricted, this is the area where you can talk about broader topics. We do encourage you to keep those at least somewhat related to computing and technology, but this isn't a strict rule. You'll see that this is the section where users get to be a bit more verbose. :)

Of course, certain political/religious/cultural issues might get very heated and aren't in the spirit of forum guidelines anyway. While we wouldn't lock or forbid such topics generally -- as even Debian can be political and controversial -- we might step in if things get too out of hand, i.e. if users are insulting, harassing others or being generally insufferable. Please see the general forum guidelines for that. And yes, you guessed it: We also prefer calm and fact-based discussions over dramatic flame wars. ;)

Don't be alarmed if you see your thread moved into another section. It just means that it's probably more fitting over there if, for instance, you started a specific support question rather than a loose discussion.

Some off-topic thread examples:

* Desktop screenshots or themes
* Linux distros or other operating systems
* FOSS ethics, philosophy
* Tech industry
* Social networking, WWW, Gemini, Fediverse...
* FOSS gaming

With that out of the way, please enjoy yourselves and be excellent to each other!
Image Stable / Asus VivoBook X421DA / AMD Ryzen 7 3700U / Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx (Picasso) / 8 GB RAM / 512GB NVMe

READ THIS:

* How to Post a Thread Here
* Other Tips and Great Resources