Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Software] SNMPD no proc output

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
chopsywa

[Software] SNMPD no proc output

#1 Post by chopsywa »

I have been wrestling with this problem for 2 days and I am beat.

I am running Debian Buster. I want to monitor processes to ensure they are running. The hrSWRun table is fine showing all running processes, but I cannot get any output from the prTable entries.

I have the required proc lines in my snmpd.conf file and there are no errors when the service starts, but it will not list any items in the OID .1.2.6.1.4.1.2021.2 at all.

According to the docs, the snmpd is compiled with the appropriate modules and it should just work. I have tried on two of my systems with the same result.

Can any one tell me definitively if prTable should be working and what to look for? I have all the MIBs downloaded and referenced. I have added the UCD-SNMP-MIB into the directory /var/lib/snmp/mibs and this is referenced in my /etc/default/snmpd configuration file.

I think that should be enough info to start.

Cheers

chopsywa

Re: [Software] SNMPD no proc output

#2 Post by chopsywa »

After 2 days of endless checks and changes, I came to the realisation that the snmpd daemon is working fine. The issue is with snmpwalk, which is very frustrating. I loaded up the UCD-SNMP-MIB.txt file in an external tool (Mikrotik Dude) and walked the computer and all of the relevant entries are there in the pr table.

After resolving this, I set about to look at the reason snmpwalk was letting me down. It starts walking at a point in the table that is not the root. By adding a \. to the end of the command, all my entries were there.