Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Bug Installation Kali Linux

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
OscarKlope

Bug Installation Kali Linux

#1 Post by OscarKlope »

Hello, I am currently trying to install Kali Linux on my new laptop for over a week but I have several problems. First, when I try to install with an ISO image mode, the text appears as lines and it does the same with Debian (I don't know if it can helps you: I am attaching the photo) . But it work on DD mode. Now the installation program bugs during the detecting network devices phase. There is no loading bar and no button to exit. I have wait around half an hour and it doesn't work. I have already install Kali many times on other machines and I had also many other issues but not this one. I am in dual boot with Windows 11 and for my pc configuration : -Asus prime b550m-a wifi II
-Ryzen 5 5600X
-RX 6750XT
-1to wd blue
-16 go corsair vengeance pro.
Hope you guys can help me. Thank you
(The image : https://ibb.co/Y0N6k57 )

arochester
Emeritus
Emeritus

Re: Bug Installation Kali Linux

#2 Post by arochester »

Welcome to Debian Users Forums, for people who use the real Debian.

Kali Linux might be derived from Debian but it isn't Debian anymore.

canci
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#3 Post by canci »

When you say new laptop, do you mean hardware released in the last year or so? In that case, the kernel, driver stack or firmware files might be too old. Or maybe you just need WiFi/Ethernet firmware and Kali doesn't ship those?
Image Stable / Asus VivoBook X421DA / AMD Ryzen 7 3700U / Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx (Picasso) / 8 GB RAM / 512GB NVMe

READ THIS:

* How to Post a Thread Here
* Other Tips and Great Resources

None1975
df -h | participant
df -h | participant

#4 Post by None1975 »

Kali Linux is specifically geared to meet the requirements of professional penetration testing and security auditing. I somehow think you are neither an auditor nor a security expert (because you can't solve this problem). I think it would be much easier for you to use the official Debian or Ubuntu. But this is just my opinion.
Debian Wiki | DontBreakDebian, My config files on github

Trihexagonal
df -h | participant
df -h | participant

#5 Post by Trihexagonal »

OscarKlope wrote: 2023-02-11 17:19 Hello, I am currently trying to install Kali Linux on my new laptop for over a week but I have several problems. First, when I try to install with an ISO image mode, the text appears as lines and it does the same with Debian (I don't know if it can helps you: I am attaching the photo) . But it work on DD mode.
You should be using dd to write the .iso installation media to a USB stick Something along these lines, this is being how I would do it on a FreeBSD box:

dd if=./kali-linux-2022.4-amd64.iso of=/dev/da0 bs=512k
OscarKlope wrote: 2023-02-11 17:19 Now the installation program bugs during the detecting network devices phase. There is no loading bar and no button to exit. I have wait around half an hour and it doesn't work
So you still haven't made past the installer to the desktop. If you got that far and could tell us something about your network adapters, maybe, just maybe, someone may be able to help you.

FYI:
Kali GNU/Linux 2022.4
Kali GNU/Linux 2022.4
When Darkness takes everything embrace what Darkness brings.