Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

System and Network configuration - Subforum information

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
Aki
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

System and Network configuration - Subforum information

#1 Post by Aki »

Welcome to the "System and Network configuration" subforum.

My name is Aki and I'll be your "System and Network configuration" sub forum moderator.

I like to think of this sub forum as a meeting place for users and enthusiasts who want to acquire/share his/her knowledge about system and networking configuration for the Debian operating system.

We never stop learning, and I think that this forum is an opportunity for all of us to be able to do that together, each of us according to our own possibilities.

Of course, in most cases the thread will originate from a technical question. I like to imagine that the purpose of this and the other sub forums is not simply to give a quick answer to a pressing technical question. It's mainly the start of a team effort between the originating person and other correspondents to solve the problem, putting the issue into the bigger picture of the subject being addressed.

Therefore, don't be afraid to ask, but take your time to formulate the question or the answer. Put the question in a way that the answer could be useful to you, but also to the other correspondents. Be concise in your questions, include all relevant information (especially relevant logs) useful for a positive outcome. Please be patient and assume the good faith of your correspondents. Be cooperative, because the correspondents wish to empower you to solve the issue and they need your active cooperation as originating person. Let the "Debian spirit" be in this forum.

Despite the enthusiasm, passion and commitment to solve issues providing comprehensive answers, please always remember to follow the Forum Guidelines and the Debian Code of Conduct when posting questions or replaying answers.

I am honoured to be given the opportunity to share with you the topics, questions, tips and tricks that in your experience is useful to share with others and remember to yourself.

Don't be alarmed if you see your thread moved into another section. It just means that it's probably more fitting over there if, for instance, you started a specific support question rather than a loose discussion.

With that out of the way, please enjoy yourselves and be excellent to each other!
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Debian - The universal operating system
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org
⠈⠳⣄⠀