Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Discussion] Bookmark management?

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
jahway603

Re: [Discussion] Bookmark management?

#21 Post by jahway603 »

If you have a Nextcloud server, then you can use the Bookmarks plugin in combination with the Floccus web browser plugin to keep your bookmarks backed up and saved all across your different browsers and computers. I have not tried it with phones, but I believe it would also work well.

donald
Debian Developer, Site Admin
Debian Developer, Site Admin

#22 Post by donald »

jahway603 wrote: 2023-03-17 17:32 If you have a Nextcloud server, then you can use the Bookmarks plugin in combination with the Floccus web browser plugin to keep your bookmarks backed up and saved all across your different browsers and computers. I have not tried it with phones, but I believe it would also work well.
We just moved to Nextcloud and I tried this out. Awesome solution that works. I'm still in a test run of the Vivaldi web browser and while their mobile offering does not have all the extensions I would like to use, or perhaps I cannot find them, this does allow the mobile, desktop, and other computers to all sync to a central browser system which thus far I find very very each to manage. Sadly, life changing. :D : D
Typo perfectionish.

"The advice given above is all good, and just because a new message has appeared it does not mean that a problem has arisen, just that a new gremlin hiding in the hardware has been exposed." - FreewheelinFrank

bester69

#23 Post by bester69 »

donald wrote: 2023-01-02 18:50 I tend to have a lot of tabs open, read a lot, or while researching something save and bookmark the tabs. It's near impossible to find anything in this now massive bookmark collection spanning years and multiple computers. What do you all do for bookmarks? Any personal system of sorting? Do you not save them?
you need to install Opera Browser and V7 Bookmarks addon, this is best tool available to work and manage bookmaks.. Opera session will store and backup your bookmarks ... What i do is work with brave browser , when i need to make a buy or so I select dozens of tabs, 200 or so i create tehir bookmarks, and then i export then to html file, open Opera and import them, and work with "V7 bookmark addon", to sort them , remove duplicates and categorize them by created folders, this way you can do productive big task easily and safely with bookmarks..,,

V7 bookmarks addon, is a barside tool that allows you to drag and drop selected taps in both directions, watch tag url by using cursor over bookmark,
filter bookmarks with boxfilter, and lots of thinks, sort them by name, by date... bookmarks directory structure.. like if it was a filessytem

Ive been using "V7 bookmarks"(Opera addon) since years and wasnt able to find a worthy alternative for other browsers, so I need to have installed Opera in my computer to work with bookmarks. Im scary one day this addon dissapear :?
bester69 wrote:STOP 2030 globalists demons, keep the fight for humanity freedom against NWO...