Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Software] Error installing chaiNNer on Chromebook (Linux)

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
keve3000

[Software] Error installing chaiNNer on Chromebook (Linux)

#1 Post by keve3000 »

Hello I'm quite new to Linux.
I have a Chromebook with Linux Dev Env enabled.
I'm trying to install chaiNNer (github.com/chaiNNer-org/chaiNNer)

I download the latest file 'chaiNNer-0.18.3-x64-linux-debian.deb' > right-click 'Install with Linux'...
then get "Error while installing package: dpkg-deb --control subprocess returned error exit status 2"...

Please can you assist?
Keve

BBQdave
df -h | participant
df -h | participant

Re: [Software] Error installing chaiNNer on Chromebook (Linux)

#2 Post by BBQdave »

keve3000 wrote: 2023-03-18 17:08I have a Chromebook with Linux Dev Env enabled.
Had a Pixelbook (chromebook) for awhile, and I know there is a beta Linux button you can click to activate support for some GNU/Linux applications. But I'm not sure from what repository the supported applications come from. And what GNU/Linux applications can be loaded on a Chromebook.

Does other GNU/Linux applications appear in the Chrome App Store? If so, that might be the applications available with beta Linux enabled.

So it looks like Google Chrome is using Debian 10 for this beta Linux.
More information here: https://support.google.com/chromebook/a ... 5439?hl=en
On quest for blue smoke and red rings!
Debian 12 Toshiba Satellite C655 | i3 2.3Ghz | Intel HD Graphics 3000 | 8GB RAM | 65GB SSD