Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[O/S] Top Menu Bar Disappeared

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
guitartoys

[O/S] Top Menu Bar Disappeared

#1 Post by guitartoys »

Hi,

I've spent a couple of hours trolling the net hoping to find a solution, but can't seem to find one.

I've been running Debian Buster (current released version) on my 3D printer for quite some time.

I've had it set up to auto start and maximize the browser with the Duet Web Interface.

When I've needed to run updates/upgrades, I would hit F11, close the browser, open a terminal window and happily run the updates

Today, I hit F11, and seemed to maybe hit a function key along with closing the browser, and my top menu disappeared.

I found a couple of posts, which would tell me to remove the lxpanel folder and reboot, and that's not working for me.

I can open a terminal, enter lxpanel & and I will get the menu bar, but it doesn't have the main dropdown with all of the apps and config options. And it kicks out a bunch of errors.

I'm really lost, I swear I don't know what I did.

Please help

Thanks.

Michael

guitartoys

Re: [O/S] Top Menu Bar Disappeared

#2 Post by guitartoys »

Never mind. I'm an idiot.

I renamed my RPi, and somehow fat fingered some text in the autostart line for the lxpanel.

Found another post mentioning the file, reopened it, and wa la, there it was.

Problem caused by me, and now solved.