Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

upgrade to bookworm

- - ALL UNSTABLE / TESTING THREADS SHOULD BE POSTED HERE - -
This sub-forum is the dedicated area for the ongoing Unstable/Testing releases of Debian. Advanced, or Experienced User support only. Use the software, give, and take advice with caution.
vmlinux26

upgrade to bookworm

#1 Post by vmlinux26 »

hello,
i have a raspberry pi 3 B V1.2 and have had it for quite a while and got tired of using the "raspberry os" and had basically switched it over to full debian with only the raspberry kernel. ( lite install no desktop and then put the debian bullseye sources into apt/sources.list )
from there i would update/upgrade everything and then install a desktop and other software that i wanted from the debian sources.
i just got 4 new micro sd cards that are a heck of a lot faster than what i have.
once i had things installed from the bullseye list i tried to change to "bookworm" in my sources.list, both times that i have tried this, once the upgrade is done and i reboot the screen is black, along with all of the tty's.
does anyone know why this might be?

also, (could have another post, yet still on topic) i did some searching and found the pure debian install for the raspberry family with bookworm working.
when i look at the "tested images" page there is one for the "3 series", yet it says that it has been tested on the 3b+. i know that the cpu's are different between the 3b and the 3b+ and i'm curious to know if it will work on mine.

i do have one of the sd cards with the reboot in the logs if someone would like to look at them. i took a peek yet am not positive on what i might have to fix to make them work without having to do another reinstall.

thanks and take care

Nossie

Re: upgrade to bookworm

#2 Post by Nossie »

I think I might have the same issue as you after an update to bookworm on my pi 4 that I've been running for months.

The only way I could get a DE to work was commenting

either of these two lines out

Code: Select all

/boot/config.txt

Code: Select all

# Enable DRM VC4 V3D driver
#dtoverlay=vc4-kms-v3d
#dtoverlay=vc4-fkms-v3d
I know I changed to fake kms at some point before - however for me this is the only way I could get a desktop to show, but it has screwed up my dual desktop, resolution and hardware acceleration I'd recommend trying that to see if it's a similar issue - but admittedly I have no answer for you right now

Fossy
df -h | participant
df -h | participant

Re: upgrade to bookworm

#3 Post by Fossy »

@vmlinux26 and @Nossie
Testing And Unstable
- - ALL UNSTABLE / TESTING THREADS SHOULD BE POSTED HERE - – : viewforum.php?f=40

Thank You
ASUS GL753VD / X550LD / K54HR / X751LAB ( x2 )
Bookworm12.5_Cinnamon / Calamares Single Boot installations
Firefox ESR / DuckDuckGo / Thunderbird / LibreOffice / GIMP / eID Software

https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/cu ... so-hybrid/