Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Hardware] [sid] differing network internet speeds on mesh

- - ALL UNSTABLE / TESTING THREADS SHOULD BE POSTED HERE - -
This sub-forum is the dedicated area for the ongoing Unstable/Testing releases of Debian. Advanced, or Experienced User support only. Use the software, give, and take advice with caution.
milomak

[Hardware] [sid] differing network internet speeds on mesh

#1 Post by milomak »

i have a 1Gbps/1Gbps fibre package were the isp provided a router for the package. at the time i thought it was them tying to sell me the product, but now, i think it was merely because you actually need a 1Gbps router for the product .(i think there was probably a minimal cost to the router as i don't remember thinking they were doing bullshit)

any way to the crux of the problem. at some later point point i then got the tenda/nova mw6 mesh system. but because of my initial router thought i set it up as

Code: Select all

fibre --> router --> mesh
mesh setup as a bridge

another reason i kept this setup is that the router reserves specific ip address for some devices that are attached to it via ethernet cable. 

so the router and the mesh both give out wifi ips (served by the router as dhcp server).

here is the thing on my laptop.
when using an ip served by the router (let's call it wifi1)

when using an ip served by the mesh (let's call it wifi2)

i am not particularly worried about the difference in download speeds. it is the upload speeds that have caught my attention. on my phone (wifi2) i got 61.57/36.54 when on the mesh.

what could be the cause of the vast difference in upload speeds though?

Desktop: A320M-A PRO MAX, AMD Ryzen 5 3600, GALAX GeForce RTX™ 2060 Super EX (1-Click OC) - Sid, Win10, Arch Linux, Gentoo, Solus
Laptop: hp 250 G8 i3 11th Gen - Sid
Kodi: AMD Athlon 5150 APU w/Radeon HD 8400 - Sid

sunrat
Administrator
Administrator

Re: [Hardware] [sid] differing network internet speeds on mesh

#2 Post by sunrat »

Moved to Testing/Unstable subforum
“ computer users can be divided into 2 categories:
Those who have lost data
...and those who have not lost data YET ”
Remember to BACKUP!