Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Software] Configure systemd to not suspend when idle and docked.

- - ALL UNSTABLE / TESTING THREADS SHOULD BE POSTED HERE - -
This sub-forum is the dedicated area for the ongoing Unstable/Testing releases of Debian. Advanced, or Experienced User support only. Use the software, give, and take advice with caution.
EEE

[Software] Configure systemd to not suspend when idle and docked.

#1 Post by EEE »

Hi,
I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but i could nowhere find anything about this problem.
On my notebook I am using Debian unstable and sway as desktop environment. I have a problem with the suspend behavior of systemd.
When I use my notebook without an external monitor I want the system to suspend when i close the lid, which works perfectly.
When I use an external monitor I want the system to not suspend when i close the lid, which also works for a while.
I did not change anything in /etc/systemd/logind.conf. The relevant line seems to be #HandleLidSwitchDocked=ignore, which works as long as the computer is not idle.
The problem is, when I use the external monitor and the lid is closed, the system will suspend after the computer is idle for a few minutes. I do not want this to happen. When the external monitor is used, the system should NEVER suspend, no matter if the lid is closed or open and also not after some idle time.

My quesion is: is it possible to configure this behavior with systemd (or otherwise if necessary)?

I could set HandleLidSwitch=ignore, which solves the Problem of suspending with an external monitor when the lid is closed after some idle time. But then the system does not suspend anymore when the lid is closed without an external monitor.

Fossy
df -h | participant
df -h | participant

Re: [Software] Configure systemd to not suspend when idle and docked.

#2 Post by Fossy »

EEE wrote: 2023-03-25 19:45 Hi,
I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but i could nowhere find anything about this problem.
On my notebook I am using Debian unstable and sway as desktop environment. ..............
Maybe here :
Testing And Unstable
- - ALL UNSTABLE / TESTING THREADS SHOULD BE POSTED HERE - – :
viewforum.php?f=40
This sub-forum is the dedicated area for the ongoing Unstable/Testing releases of Debian. Advanced, or Experienced User support only. Use the software, give, and take advice with caution.

Thank You
ASUS GL753VD / X550LD / K54HR / X751LAB ( x2 )
Bookworm12.5_Cinnamon / Calamares Single Boot installations
Firefox ESR / DuckDuckGo / Thunderbird / LibreOffice / GIMP / eID Software

https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/cu ... so-hybrid/

sunrat
Administrator
Administrator

Re: [Software] Configure systemd to not suspend when idle and docked.

#3 Post by sunrat »

Moved to Testing And Unstable
“ computer users can be divided into 2 categories:
Those who have lost data
...and those who have not lost data YET ”
Remember to BACKUP!