Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Testing - Bookworm] spice-vdagent not working in kde (works in gnome)

- - ALL UNSTABLE / TESTING THREADS SHOULD BE POSTED HERE - -
This sub-forum is the dedicated area for the ongoing Unstable/Testing releases of Debian. Advanced, or Experienced User support only. Use the software, give, and take advice with caution.
mirto

[Testing - Bookworm] spice-vdagent not working in kde (works in gnome)

#1 Post by mirto »

Hi all,
I have a Debian testing host with kde desktop and a kvm virtual machine with debian testing using kde or gnome sessions.

I have spice-vdagent and spice-vdagentd installed on both host and guest.

If I use a Plasma(X11) session on the guest the copy&paste function between host and guest don't work

But if I use a Gnome session on the guest the copy&paste functions works correctly

How can I enable the copy&paste function in the kde session?

P.S. host and guest were updated this evening and rebooted

jean-c

Re: [Testing - Bookworm] spice-vdagent not working in kde (works in gnome)

#2 Post by jean-c »

Same problem on the official release of bookworm: just adding some more details if that can ring a bell to someone.

It looks like the spice-vdagent.service and spice-vdagentd.service fail to start but spice-vdagent.socket starts.

From the log, the spice-vdagentd.service error is: "Error getting active session: No data available"

Random_Troll

#3 Post by Random_Troll »

https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/18791

tl;dr: copy /etc/xdg/autostart/spice-vdagent.desktop to ~/.config/autostart/ then comment out the "X-GNOME-Autostart-Phase" line.
Jeder nach seinen Fähigkeiten, jedem nach seinen Bedürfnissen.

rwky

#4 Post by rwky »

Thanks for that found this after finding the bug report https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugrepo ... ug=1033092 I've sent an email to the bug tracker linking to this post.