Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Tips] Enable suspend to RAM with Atheros AR9227 chipset on Debian 11

Share your HowTo, Documentation, Tips and Tricks. Not for support questions!.
mzs_47

[Tips] Enable suspend to RAM with Atheros AR9227 chipset on Debian 11

#1 Post by mzs_47 »

I installed a TPlink PCI wireless card on a desktop running Debian 11 AMD64, post that the suspend to RAM feature stopped working and the OS used to panic(likely) and reboot.

Few days ago, I realized that with PCI passthrough and I could connect to the wireless network from a VM, thereby the host will remain safe, however the wifi connection was not even connecting on Debian 11 VM(it worked out of the box on a Debian 10 VM), and while debugging this, the below Debian forum post helped me resolve the connectivity issue first, seeing this I took the chance and tried this on the host directly and it finally allowed me to suspend to RAM after months!

I just had to:

Code: Select all

echo "options ath9k nohwcrypt=1" | sudo tee /etc/modprobe.d/ath9k.conf
sudo modprobe -r ath9k
sudo modprobe -v ath9k
Source: viewtopic.php?p=727041#p727041

The wireless card on the PC is:

Code: Select all

04:02.0 Network controller: Qualcomm Atheros AR9227 Wireless Network Adapter (rev 01)