Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Sound] Debian HP gaming laptop speaker makes popping noises when I disconnect the charger.

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
srekit

[Sound] Debian HP gaming laptop speaker makes popping noises when I disconnect the charger.

#1 Post by srekit »

Everything works fine in my Debian 11 system with cinnamon desktop, only issue is whenever disconnect my charger and watch a movie or youtube on my laptop battery the speaker makes popping noises. Is there a way to fix this? Please help me!

Dudley

Re: [Sound] Debian HP gaming laptop speaker makes popping noises when I disconnect the charger.

#2 Post by Dudley »

Hi srekit,

If you find that disabling "power saving" for the entire system reduces the unwanted noises, then continue to dive deeper to troubleshoot your sound card with regards to "power saving techniques". If you want more direct assistance, please provide us more information: such as make/model of laptop, debian version, and more.

-- Dudley