Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Moving the Apache root and Mariadb folders to a different disks

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
SamuelMac

Moving the Apache root and Mariadb folders to a different disks

#1 Post by SamuelMac »

In the process of doing a rebuild and trying different OS's FreeBSD, GhostBSD, Fedora, and Ubuntu then going to Debian because it's right. I now have a couple 500gig SSD's to repurpose from my W10 PC.
I would like to add them to my Debian box and put Apache and Mariadb on separate drives. I've not done much but copy my web app and setup one of the db's on the Debian box. I basically want to have the data isolated. I have never done this on a Linux or BSD system I'm in the process of researching this. My first step will be to backup the configurations as they are.

Is this as simple as changing configuration files (locations of application data) and moving the PHP files and database files?

steve_v
df -h | grep > 20TiB
df -h | grep > 20TiB

Re: Moving the Apache root and Mariadb folders to a different disks

#2 Post by steve_v »

SamuelMac wrote: 2023-03-31 14:51Is this as simple as changing configuration files
That is one option. Another would be to leave server / db configuration alone and mount the new disk / partition at the existing location of those files, as Unix/Linux allows you to connect additional storage to the filesystem tree at any point.
Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action. Four times is Official GNOME Policy.