Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Hardware] USB Devices Detected but Data corrupted, Occured error -71 and -110

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
Jonathan_Mac

[Hardware] USB Devices Detected but Data corrupted, Occured error -71 and -110

#1 Post by Jonathan_Mac »

Hi everyone!

My Samsung 120GB FIT Plus USB was working fine one day, but after the updates of LMDE5, somehow the USB became corrupted for some reason. Here's some of the information that I gathered:

+ The USB is working perfectly fine in another laptop that runs Windows, the file appears and there are no issues loading.
+ I have checked the drive's health using smartmontools and CrystalDiskInfo, and I ensure that the drive is healthy.
+ This occurred after the major LMDE5 upgrade.
+ Drive appears in file manager and spins up as if loading, but then disappears, poof, gone! The same sequence occurs when using various terminal commands. The device appears initially, but on subsequent attempts, it does not appear.
+ All of the desktop USB ports have been checked out and tested with other USBs, headphones, printers, and many more devices, and all of them work!

I have tried methods like using # dmesg -w with the USB device NOT plugged in, and then plugged to show new output. Here's the images picture of it:

Thank you in advance.
Attachments
Image.jpg
Image2.jpg

sunrat
Administrator
Administrator

Re: [Hardware] USB Devices Detected but Data corrupted, Occured error -71 and -110

#2 Post by sunrat »

Topics about Debian derivative such as LMDE5 and other distros are addressed in Off-topic. Moved.

Did you try the Mint forums? They may know more about whatever recent upgrades could have affected this - https://forums.linuxmint.com/
“ computer users can be divided into 2 categories:
Those who have lost data
...and those who have not lost data YET ”
Remember to BACKUP!