Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Request] account deletion

Code of conduct, suggestions, and information on forums.debian.net.
lucyferu

[Request] account deletion

#1 Post by lucyferu »

hello!

how do i delete my account?
i cant find the option in the user control panel.

nixer

Re: [Request] account deletion

#2 Post by nixer »

I have seen it posted before that the best way to do this is to change your password to something very long and secure. Do not save it anywhere. You will forget the password, and the account will in effect be "locked".

donald
Debian Developer, Site Admin
Debian Developer, Site Admin

Re: [Request] account deletion

#3 Post by donald »

@nixer got it correctly. Thank you.
Forum Guidelines wrote: Occasionally we receive requests for account deletions, we are unable to comply with this request as it would massively disrupt existing threads and conversations. Also consider anything posted here (or anywhere for that matter) has already been indexed and copied by search engines. At best we suggest you make up a long gibberish password for your account and after changing it do not log in again.
Typo perfectionish.

"The advice given above is all good, and just because a new message has appeared it does not mean that a problem has arisen, just that a new gremlin hiding in the hardware has been exposed." - FreewheelinFrank