Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Software] VMs Debian 11 for Owncloud Cluster with GlusterFS and Docker

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
Guat

[Software] VMs Debian 11 for Owncloud Cluster with GlusterFS and Docker

#1 Post by Guat »

Good evening, I need help. 👋 After reviewing these screenshots of my configuration, here is my problem: I am unable to access the ownCloud page using the addressIP:port. I have reinstalled it multiple times, following each step carefully to avoid mistakes regarding folder permissions, mounting, swarm, network overlay, and deploying the service with two replicas. However, it remains inaccessible.

To troubleshoot, I tested a service like Nginx on port 8080, which worked fine. It displayed an index.html page with "Hello, world" to confirm the accessibility. The page was accessible via both IPs, and the file was present on both mount points.

In a previous test, I also tried running Nginx on port 8081 to ensure that ownCloud was on an accessible port. However, it seems that the issue is specifically related to ownCloud. Even in the ownCloud mount point, there are no files present. I'm unsure if I need to create all the configuration files or if there is something else I should be doing.

Thank you for taking the time to read my message. I hope I was clear enough. If you need any further information, please don't hesitate to ask.
Attachments
deploy service Owncloud
deploy service Owncloud
Swarm & Overlay
Swarm & Overlay
installDocker
installDocker
IMG_20230525_233626_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg
GlusterFS Volume Mount
GlusterFS Volume Mount

Aki
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [Software] VMs Debian 11 for Owncloud Cluster with GlusterFS and Docker

#2 Post by Aki »

Hello,

If I recall correctly, owncloud server is not distributed as a Debian package in Debian repositories.

According to your screeshots (installation instructions in French language of unknown origin), perhaps your are trying to install an owncloud server as a docker container (in a docker swarm) connecting it to a GlusterFS server. Probably you are installing inside a VM running Debian 11 as guest operative system, aren't you ?

Your installation has many components involved and you should check/test them with a bottom-up approach.

You could document the commands used to check each component and report their output.

Please share the URLs used to download installed software and installation instructions to involve eventually interested forum readers.
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Debian - The universal operating system
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org
⠈⠳⣄⠀