Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Window Size at Program Start (Debian 12 kde)

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
Bernie12

Window Size at Program Start (Debian 12 kde)

#1 Post by Bernie12 »

I use a laptop with small built-in monitor (1366x768) and a large external monitor (2560x1440). When I start a program (e.g. Firefox, LibreOffice), it is always placed onto the small monitor, and generally with a large size which is too big for the small monitor. Fortunately, the "move window" menu can be easily accessed from the task bar and the application window moved to the big screen.

Is there a setting allowing for the last position to be stored and used for next program start?
And another setting that when the big screen is not available, it still starts on the small screen, but at reasonable size?

NFT5
df -h | grep > 20TiB
df -h | grep > 20TiB

Re: Window Size at Program Start (Debian 12 kde)

#2 Post by NFT5 »

Yes. One of my favourite features of KDE Plasma is the ability to set window size and position.

Right click on the window titlebar then go to "More Actions > Configure Special Application Settings". From here you can set the size and position of the window when it opens, either in a fixed size and position or by remembering what it was when last closed. Lots of other options, too. Click on the Help button for quite extensive help on how to set these options.