Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

MATE Audio Sink problems in bookworm

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
MikeLieberman

MATE Audio Sink problems in bookworm

#1 Post by MikeLieberman »

I have a Bluetooth headset. Under bullseye with MATE, as soon as the headset was seen by the OS, the audio switched to the headset. Perfect! :-)

But under bookworm with MATE, while the headset is seen and connected audio stayed on the desktop speakers. To send the audio to the headset I have to right click on the speaker icon on the panel, select sink and then the system name (B21) for the headset.

I cannot find a way to force the default sink to the headset.

livix07

Re: MATE Audio Sink problems in bookworm

#2 Post by livix07 »

You can try the following If you use pulseaudio:

make a copy of .config/pulse to a different place. Then remove the .config/pulse folder from home directory and restart computer.

lospala

#3 Post by lospala »

Code: Select all

But under bookworm with MATE, while the headset is seen and connected audio stayed on the desktop speakers. To send the audio to the headset I have to right click on the speaker icon on the panel, select sink and then the system name (B21) for the headset.

I cannot find a way to force the default sink to the headset.
when the headset appears ¿Have you clicked on "trust"? and on "pair"?

I had a similar issue with mate despite I installed bookworm from zero. The Bluetooth connected randomly. The solution to my case (I don't mean its like yours) was to buy a Realtek dongle version 5.0 and after I installed the firmware for 8761B now it connects automatically and immediately the headset, but earphones take a while of some seconds to connect or disconnect.
Disorder consists of arranging certain elements so that they do not suggest known geometric shapes to the observer.

MikeLieberman

#4 Post by MikeLieberman »

@livix07

Removing the .config/pulse folder and and rebooting made no difference. The device, when I installed it under Debian 11 over a year ago was (if I remember right) both paired and trusted. However I just looked at it and (I hate how MATE shows this, it's a bad design) it showed untrusted with a check make. I clicked on it and it shows trusted with a check mark.

I turned the headset off and then later back on. It showed connected as a popup on the screen and was then asked with another popup if I wanted to accept it this time, or all times? I clicked on all times. I heard the tone in the headset to note that it was connected. However, when I played sound, it came through the speakers not the headphones. Once again I had to manually select 'sink' to send the sound to the headphones. So I am back where I started from. ... And Untust is checked. I am not sure if that means it is trusted or if this is another bug.

lospala

#5 Post by lospala »

I also think it's a problem of Mate DE I'm new with Debian but I have experienced the same problem with Ubuntu Mate 20.04 but not with 18.04
Before changing the dongle I had to remove and reinsert the old one from the USB port every time I needed headphones connected. This is not the orthodox solution.
Disorder consists of arranging certain elements so that they do not suggest known geometric shapes to the observer.