Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Debian 12, wowsers!

Here you can discuss every aspect of Debian. Note: not for support requests!
revmacian

Debian 12, wowsers!

#1 Post by revmacian »

I've installed Debian 12 Bookworm and, I have to say, I'm loving it!

I began my Linux journey in 1999 when my Windows 98 SE machine decided it was taking a vacation whether I liked it or not. I studied computer hardware and learned how to fix my machine, but during that self education I happened upon book about Linux.. complete with an install CD. Never having heard of Linux before I was intrigued and decided to try it out. I was hooked; how had Linux managed to evade my radar for so long?! I played with it for a few days and then wiped my hard disk and installed Linux as my sole operating system.

Fast forward to today and I'm using Debian 12 Bookworm. I had long know that Debian was a rock-solid distro but this is amazing. I was up and running with everything configured in about 15 minutes and ZERO issues. I'm using the MATE edition of Debian 12 with the fluxbox window manager as my main environment, I've even created a custom Fluxbox style that matches the TraditionalOk theme in Debian MATE.

Now I think I'll look for ways to contribute. I have been doing computer graphics for years; I've done themes/skins for MPlayer, GKrellm, Cairo Dock, Fluxbox, OpenBox, Metacity, GTK2, icons. I've also been writing my own small apps in Python 3. There has to be something I can do to help.

Dear Debian Developers: Thank you so much for this wonderful distro and this beautiful user interface (MATE). I think this is the first distro that I've ever installed and not had to spend time fixing anything.. and I spent almost all of 2005 distro hopping!
US Navy NEC HM8404, FMF