Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Looking for some unique and complete themes

Here you can discuss every aspect of Debian. Note: not for support requests!
LloydLynx

Looking for some unique and complete themes

#1 Post by LloydLynx »

I use MATE on Bookworm on an old 2007 laptop. My theme taste is mainly shiny skeumorphic frutiger aero with a soft spot for that early 2000s fisher price type look. Right now I'm using TraditionalOk because all the shiny frutiger GTK and icon themes on pling.org (when you can actually find one) are buggy in some way that makes them not look right or not very usable. The novelty of TraditionalOk will wear off probably soon so I'm still looing for unique and fully complete themes.

This is what my setup looks like at the moment. Not the best looking but there shouldn't be any visual or functional GTK bugs with it.
Attachments
2023-09-22-201742_1440x900_scrot.jpeg

Linuxgaming1824

Re: Looking for some unique and complete themes

#2 Post by Linuxgaming1824 »

Mate? I think xfce is way easier to theme and has far better performance. I make custom themes for xfce with bits and pieces from other people's projects I like. My big issue right now is that I'm not much of an e-artist so I can't make the best looking wallpapers yet.

You should definitely try out catpuccin if you want to do uniform themeing for lots of different apps

This page has the instructions for installing the basic gtk-theme

https://github.com/catppuccin/gtk?tab=readme-ov-file

and there are instructions for applying the catpuccin theme of choice to over a hundred different apps on this page
(such as the terminal, browser... ect)

https://github.com/catppuccin/catppuccin

I don't think their light theme is that good looking, so basically if you want a uniform dark theme it is one of the best you can possibly get with ease right now(if not literally the best)

I think the frappe theme has the best balance of light and dark, it's the lightest dark theme and is the most comfortable to use, for reading, ect.

So you will pick a color base like frappe, and then an accent color which are listed on this page under the drop down menus of the base themes
https://github.com/catppuccin/catppuccin

There are really good wallpapers for it too, and grub/splash themes but I can't remember where to get the really good wallpapers anymore, it's been a long time since I found those on some website/distro that used it

edit: sorry this is such a necro post, didn't notice the date on it, just saw it was on the first tab for general chat and had zero replies!

None1975
df -h | participant
df -h | participant

Re: Looking for some unique and complete themes

#3 Post by None1975 »

Debian Wiki | DontBreakDebian, My config files on github