Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Installing eclipse for C programming

Programming languages, Coding, Executables, Package Creation, and Scripting.
Shrek

Installing eclipse for C programming

#1 Post by Shrek »

Hello everyone,

I am very new to Linux and even newer to Debian (installed it yesterday), I would like to program on Eclipse (not that I particularly like it but we use it at uni) so I installed it (quite the miracle that I managed to do it without any major issues) but it lacks the packages for C, and I can't seem to find how to install it. I tried sudo apt-get install eclipse-cdt as I saw on the internet but it said the package doesn't exist. Anyone could help me ?

Thank you.

CwF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Installing eclipse for C programming

#2 Post by CwF »

Shrek

#3 Post by Shrek »

Hello, I am sorry I can't seem to understand what I should install ? And how I should, like I said I am very new to Linux, so sorry if I ask dumb questions or obvious questions (let's say it isn't obvious for everyone).

Shrek

#4 Post by Shrek »

I managed to find the solution, a simple reinstall helped ahah. How do I close this topic now ? If it is possible of course ?

CwF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#5 Post by CwF »

Shrek wrote: 2023-11-01 22:36 I managed to find the solution, a simple reinstall helped ahah. How do I close this topic now ?
Good. Edit the subject line of the original post.

PsySc0rpi0n

#6 Post by PsySc0rpi0n »

CwF wrote: 2023-11-01 22:59
Shrek wrote: 2023-11-01 22:36 I managed to find the solution, a simple reinstall helped ahah. How do I close this topic now ?
Good. Edit the subject line of the original post.
Completing your answer:
... and add something like [SOLVED] at the very beginning of the title! :)