Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Forum] New sub-forum: Debian News

Code of conduct, suggestions, and information on forums.debian.net.
donald
Debian Developer, Site Admin

[Forum] New sub-forum: Debian News

#1 Post by donald »

We have a new subforum under the DEBIAN DEVELOPMENT main forum, the new forum is Debian News.

There is a feedbot that will pick up news from Debian rss and news feeds and repost them there.

The reasons for the new subforum are many but the most important is that when I am pushing news out I tend to forget to add the forums as you all are already pretty informed, I still make the effort to re-type and repost here but distractions happen. To ease that and to keep everyone on the same page, I added the bot to the forums to post there and there alone.

This bot covers the main Debian blog: bits.debian.org, it does not follow the shorter news service Debian has which is micronews.debian.org.

So if you were already reading our news sources, great, but now you can do so with one or two less mouse clicks. :)
Typo perfectionish.

"The advice given above is all good, and just because a new message has appeared it does not mean that a problem has arisen, just that a new gremlin hiding in the hardware has been exposed." - FreewheelinFrank

donald

Re: [Forum] New sub-forum: Debian News

#2 Post by donald »

1. Yes, you got inundated with the news feed.
2. Yes, you are correct.
3. Yes, no need to yell at anyone, the other admins will shortly yell at me personally.
4. Yes, it would be great if you can just let this one and the next one pass as we try to integrate full news services.
5. No, this is an actual apology. I did mess up but can only say that by the 3rd news item from the main feeds this should work flawlessly and I apologize to everyone for breaking admin rule #1 of no testing on live/production systems.
6. Yes, you can send me a nasty PM and I will not take it personally.
7. Do not send me an email like that unless you PGP sign it.
Typo perfectionish.

"The advice given above is all good, and just because a new message has appeared it does not mean that a problem has arisen, just that a new gremlin hiding in the hardware has been exposed." - FreewheelinFrank