Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Testing - Trixie] [solved] Evolution 3.50.3-1 can't list messages, attempt to write to a read only database

- - ALL UNSTABLE / TESTING THREADS SHOULD BE POSTED HERE - -
This sub-forum is the dedicated area for the ongoing Unstable/Testing releases of Debian. Advanced, or Experienced User support only. Use the software, give, and take advice with caution.
PsychoHermit

[Testing - Trixie] [solved] Evolution 3.50.3-1 can't list messages, attempt to write to a read only database

#1 Post by PsychoHermit »

Greetings folks,

I am running Debian testing, on an HP Envy x360 15-fh0xxx laptop.

I am having a problem with Evolution 3.50.3-1 when I click on the inbox I am getting an error. attempt to write a readonly database.

I have done chmod +rw to everything I could find in the .config/evolution/mail directory.

I have tried searching but am getting nothing useful. Mostly SQL stuff.

Any help would be much appreciated.

[edit]
I renamed the .config/evolution directory to hide it from evolution and started evolution. It created the .cache/evolution directory and is now once again working.
[/edit]

Thanks,
--glenn