Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Software] Mouse menu

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
Strongtown

[Software] Mouse menu

#1 Post by Strongtown »

Can anyone direct me to how (and where) I can see and change the menu that pops up when I click the right (or left or center) mouse button?

I am running Linux 10 (buster) with LXPanel 0.10.0 on a rPi3.

TIA
st

bbbhltz
XMMP/Jabber: bbbhltz@mailbox.org

Re: [Software] Mouse menu

#2 Post by bbbhltz »

It's been awhile, but I think you can copy /usr/share/lxde/openbox/menu.xml to ~/.config/openbox/menu.xml and edit it. I'm not sure if LXDE in Rpios uses Openbox.

This might still work: https://forum.lxde.org/viewtopic.php?t=31525
bbbhltz
longtime desktop Linux user; eternal newbie

Strongtown

#3 Post by Strongtown »

Thanks but that msg is from 2012 and there is no Openbox anything anywhere on my system. Also, there's only 2 directories in /usr/share/lxde which are
/images and /wallpapers.

bbbhltz
XMMP/Jabber: bbbhltz@mailbox.org

#4 Post by bbbhltz »

I see. I assumed you were using Raspberry Pi OS which used Openbox until Bullseye.

My bad. I think (and I could be wrong) that right-click menus are handled by the WM, so I guess we need to know wha Window Manager you are using?
bbbhltz
longtime desktop Linux user; eternal newbie