Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Best-Of] Threads for the week.

Code of conduct, suggestions, and information on forums.debian.net.
Best_Threads
Forum Account
Forum Account

2024-02-11

#21 Post by Best_Threads »

High-Pitched Squeals, Crackles and Pops in Debian 12 with Nahimic Audio Chipset
“it seems that these sound problems occur whenever I click restart in Windows 11 and then boot into Debian (without powering down).” :linked:

[Solved] Not detecting Nvme drives during install
“Found 2 remapped NVMe devices. Switch your BIOS from RAID to AHCI mode to use them.” :linked:

my labwc experiment :)
“I'm experimenting with Wayland using labwc as a window manager. labwc was inspired by openbox and config formats are similar.”
Feel free to mention @Best_Threads if you see a topic that you think should be highlighted, or just send Best_Threads a PM with the URL

Best_Threads
Forum Account
Forum Account

2024-02-19

#22 Post by Best_Threads »

Install Debian 12 "Network autoconfiguration failed"
“to cut a long story short, for whatever reason, the setup and fresh installation uses the wrong network interface!”

[Discussion] Why are severely broken point releases being released for Bookworm
“what is the logic behind knowing there is a major bug in a potential release and then releasing it anyway and rushing to fix it/losing sleep versus just delaying until it's fixed?”:linked:
Feel free to mention @Best_Threads if you see a topic that you think should be highlighted, or just send Best_Threads a PM with the URL

Best_Threads
Forum Account
Forum Account

2024-02-25

#23 Post by Best_Threads »

Make bootable external hard drive system work on most machines
“What packages do I need and what, if any, config changes do I need to make, to give it this kind of hardware agnosticism?”

[Discussion] Basic Project/work management software
“I run a small business [...] by myself and looking to see if there is any Linux software that will run a basic to-do/work list.”

[Discussion] How do you name your devices?
“For those who have several different devices, a compute cluster, a 'homelab' or who are responsible for large deployments; do you adhere to a naming convention?”