Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Debian News] [SUA 252-1] Updated nVidia driver packages. nVidia kernel modules via DKMS could not be resolved in time .

The Debian Project News and Announcements curated from official Debian news and rss feeds.

All information here is for reading only, please do not reply to threads in this forum.
Debian News
Forum Account
Forum Account

[Debian News] [SUA 252-1] Updated nVidia driver packages. nVidia kernel modules via DKMS could not be resolved in time .

#1 Post by Debian News »

[SUA 252-1] Updated nVidia driver packages. nVidia kernel modules via DKMS could not be resolved in time for the release of Debian 12.5, several packages have been updated to correct this issue. Additional information and update instructions: https://lists.debian.org/debian-stable-announce/2024/02/msg00002.html

Source: https://micronews.debian.org/2024/1708118745.html

appye

Re: [Debian News] [SUA 252-1] Updated nVidia driver packages. nVidia kernel modules via DKMS could not be resolved in ti

#2 Post by appye »

I watched this bug play out and all the anxiety it caused. You are all are fantastic. Debian is the best despite these hiccups. Thank you thank you thank you!

Dai_trying

Re: [Debian News] [SUA 252-1] Updated nVidia driver packages. nVidia kernel modules via DKMS could not be resolved in ti

#3 Post by Dai_trying »

appye wrote: 2024-02-17 00:10 I watched this bug play out and all the anxiety it caused. You are all are fantastic. Debian is the best despite these hiccups. Thank you thank you thank you!
+1

Organic_Marble

#4 Post by Organic_Marble »

This makes it sound like the problem was known before the point release was unleashed.

Where was the warning about not stepping up to the point release if you used Nvidia drivers posted? I'd like to subscribe to that.

None1975
df -h | participant
df -h | participant

#5 Post by None1975 »

Organic_Marble wrote: 2024-02-18 14:33 This makes it sound like the problem was known before the point release was unleashed.

Where was the warning about not stepping up to the point release if you used Nvidia drivers posted? I'd like to subscribe to that.
I think you are right because, I quote
This issue could not be resolved in time for the release of Debian 12.5.
It is therefore unfortunate that a rush strategy was chosen.
Debian Wiki | DontBreakDebian, My config files on github