Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Software] Firefox forgets google logins after update

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
mathiraj

[Software] Firefox forgets google logins after update

#1 Post by mathiraj »

Everytime firefox gets an update in debian (bookworm) it forgets my google user logins. I have to go through the two step google login verification for it to remember my user account again.

anyone else face this issue? is there a fix for this?

bbbhltz
XMMP/Jabber: bbbhltz@mailbox.org

Re: [Software] Firefox forgets google logins after update

#2 Post by bbbhltz »

Hello. I don't know of this is an "issue". I think this might be normal procedure as this is exactly how my computer works.

An uneducated guess: When you head to Google or Gmail, the server checks the cookie for an access token. The browser connects to the sever and compares identifies but now, with the version number being different, does not match the access token available.
bbbhltz
longtime desktop Linux user; eternal newbie

mathiraj

#3 Post by mathiraj »

bbbhltz wrote: 2024-01-23 16:33 Hello. I don't know of this is an "issue". I think this might be normal procedure as this is exactly how my computer works.

An uneducated guess: When you head to Google or Gmail, the server checks the cookie for an access token. The browser connects to the sever and compares identifies but now, with the version number being different, does not match the access token available.
i'm not sure if this is the expected behavior. on Mac, firefox does not forget my google login even after update.

mathiraj

#4 Post by mathiraj »

bbbhltz
XMMP/Jabber: bbbhltz@mailbox.org

#5 Post by bbbhltz »

@mathiraj let us know how it goes, I think I'll stick with good ol' firefox-esr + betterfox
bbbhltz
longtime desktop Linux user; eternal newbie

mathiraj

#6 Post by mathiraj »

just wanted to update here that firefox (from mozilla's apt repo) remembers user logins through updates. i've been using it as my main browser.