Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

On ARM64 Hardware, IndieDroid Nova, Wayland based GDM3 random crash?

Need help with peripherals or devices?
Schorschi

On ARM64 Hardware, IndieDroid Nova, Wayland based GDM3 random crash?

#1 Post by Schorschi »

On ARM64 Hardware, IndieDroid Nova SBC, Wayload based GDM3 Crash? If I enable Wayland, GDM3 runs then crashes, the error message is rather crypted, and the error is inconsistent, it happened several times, consistently. But for the last 10 or so reboots, it works.

How to resolve this or get assistance to solve this? GDM3 clearly hangs, when it happens, get black screen no cursor. I had to set WaylandEnable=false in daemon.conf, to recover. Is there some type of debugging or reporting method to narrow this down?

What is interesting is that I have never see this behavior on a Pi 5, but only once in a while on the Nova. I am not using any custom drivers, like, Nvidia, which I know in the past give GDM a lot of issues.

Aki
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: On ARM64 Hardware, IndieDroid Nova, Wayland based GDM3 random crash?

#2 Post by Aki »

Hello,
What is the operating system ?
How did you download and install it ?
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Debian - The universal operating system
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org
⠈⠳⣄⠀