Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Installation] I need help installing a package.

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
lefish

[Installation] I need help installing a package.

#1 Post by lefish »

I am trying to install moltengamepad on my computer. I am trying to install the debian package, but theres no deb file and I am confused can i get some help?

https://github.com/jgeumlek/MoltenGamep ... ter/debian

This is the git hub. Please help.

steve_v
df -h | grep > 20TiB
df -h | grep > 20TiB

Re: [Installation] I need help installing a package.

#2 Post by steve_v »

The directory you linked contains debian build control files (i.e. control and rules). In theory, you should be able to clone the repo and use dpkg-buildpackage (from dpkg-dev) in the top level (beside 'debian') to build a .deb.
Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action. Four times is Official GNOME Policy.

lefish

#3 Post by lefish »

ok ill let you know if that works

lefish

#4 Post by lefish »

I git clone the package, cd to the debian and run dpkg-buildpackage. It says cannot open file debian/changelog: No such file or directory. Help

steve_v
df -h | grep > 20TiB
df -h | grep > 20TiB

#5 Post by steve_v »

lefish wrote: 2024-02-23 16:47cd to the debian
I said top level - beside 'debian', not in it. As the message states, it's looking for "debian/changelog", starting from the current directory.
You'll probably also want to add the '-us' and '-uc' options, to build without signing the package (unless you already have your keys configured of course). Details are in the dpkg-buildpackage manual.
Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action. Four times is Official GNOME Policy.