Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[O/S] Some things here are looking wierd

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
crystalPikachu100

[O/S] Some things here are looking wierd

#1 Post by crystalPikachu100 »

Greetings everyone! I'm Pikachu! But you can call me by my username "crystalPikachu100" and it's a pleasure to meet you all

I am a new user on Debian GNU/Linux and I am currently struggling with some issues here and there. I was wondering if you guys can help me solve them.

I'm currently using "Debian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm)" and my issues are that our "Epson L3110" isn't working at all.

I was a Windows user for all my life and as far as I can remember, when this happens I only have to go to Epson's official website and search for it respective drivers and presto!

But somehow this doesn't work the same on GNU/Linux. I tough this OS had "general drivers" that are installed within the first setup on the software and once your done installing and setting everything up, that would be enough but unfortunately it isn't.

I tried to search online of course, here on this forum, on youtube, on epson's website itself which as a matter of fact I "found" some linux drivers somewhere on Epson's kinda hidden webpages, I installed them with the terminal but still doesn't work.

Am I doing something wrong guys because I really need our printer working, I said our because here @ my home my sisters and I use it a lot for their school homeworks and stuff and sometimes my mother and I make use of the printer for other purposes.

I don't want to go back to Windows 10 Pro just so the printer can work again.

I also encountered something weird after I installed Debian for the 3rd time (don't worry everything working just fine from my end).

You see, the Wi-Fi icon seems to show the question mark icon like it isn't connected to the internet or something. That's completely untrue since the first fresh install of Debian I had to install the rest of the OS via internet downloads and stuff so that proves i'm connected to the internet but it showed that question mark anyway. Right now it show the normal Wi-Fi icon, and it looks good. But don't get me wrong, I didn't do anything to fix it or anything, I just turned off my pc, got some sleep, waked up and turn it back on and now somehow it shows normal. At least for now that's not a problem.

I have a lot of questions but for know I kindly ask for help to make this GNU/Linux distro work properly with my printer since it's a software issue and not a hardware issue, thanks in advance!

Aki
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [O/S] Some things here are looking wierd

#2 Post by Aki »

Hello,
For the printer, this video look like promising:
https://youtu.be/buLPkt52loU?si=0Hw4iH5M-zUBSJoP
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Debian - The universal operating system
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org
⠈⠳⣄⠀