Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Solved] Timeshift Error

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
roastnetwork215

[Solved] Timeshift Error

#1 Post by roastnetwork215 »

Hello, I am trying to use timeshift for backuping my data. But the timeshift shows error like this:

Code: Select all

E: The system partition has an unsupported subvolume layout. Only ubuntu-type layouts with @ and @home subvolumes are currently supported.
I am currently using Btfrs as the / partition and XFS as /home partition. Last sentence shows ubuntu-type layouts with @ (/) and @home (/) are currently supported, and that's weird since / and /home are separated partition and following the ubuntu-type layouts
Last edited by roastnetwork215 on 2024-03-16 11:43, edited 2 times in total.

cds60601
df -h | participant
df -h | participant

Re: [Software] Timeshift Error

#2 Post by cds60601 »

I suggest getting to know btrfs - One of the better place for docs (for any distro) is here
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

pbear

#3 Post by pbear »

Be aware, Timeshift is maintained by Linux Mint, an Ubuntu derivative. It's unlikely general btrfs support will be added unless some other dev team contributes the code. You can still do btrfs snapshots, just not with Timeshift.

roastnetwork215

#4 Post by roastnetwork215 »

Thank you for the information