Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

fonts are too small

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
terrymurdock

fonts are too small

#1 Post by terrymurdock »

I just switched to debian from windows using KDE and the fonts look like they are zoomed out by 100 they are so small and blurry its unusable help adjusting the display did not fix it

sunrat
Administrator
Administrator

Re: fonts are too small

#2 Post by sunrat »

Zoomed out by 100 what? How did you adjust display? What resolution is your display?
Go to System Settings and adjust Display scaling and Font size.
“ computer users can be divided into 2 categories:
Those who have lost data
...and those who have not lost data YET ”
Remember to BACKUP!

cds60601
df -h | participant
df -h | participant

#3 Post by cds60601 »

Could also be that the Op is speaking of the txt size within either Chromium of Firefox, yanno - that Control mouse wheel zoom and not actually the overall fonts of the system or the resolution. But most likely not. Sometimes ya need clarification.
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

terrymurdock

#4 Post by terrymurdock »

my display is at the default 100 changing it did not help fonts are small not just in my browser but in every app my zoomed out by 100 statement was comparing it to windows any solutions?

mrmazda

#5 Post by mrmazda »

Plasma's systemsettings* for fonts has a checkbox and a selectbox for forcing DPI. Try checking the box and selecting some value higher than 96. 192 should quadruple font sizes. Also, report back here with input/output from Konsole running inxi -GSaz --vs if more help is needed.

terrymurdock

#6 Post by terrymurdock »

mrmazda wrote: 2024-03-16 06:59 Plasma's systemsettings* for fonts has a checkbox and a selectbox for forcing DPI. Try checking the box and selecting some value higher than 96. 192 should quadruple font sizes. Also, report back here with input/output from Konsole running inxi -GSaz --vs if more help is needed.
ok so i tried this and it made the fonts bigger but now they are blurry