Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Plasma turns weird

- - ALL UNSTABLE / TESTING THREADS SHOULD BE POSTED HERE - -
This sub-forum is the dedicated area for the ongoing Unstable/Testing releases of Debian. Advanced, or Experienced User support only. Use the software, give, and take advice with caution.
El_Rapha

Plasma turns weird

#1 Post by El_Rapha »

Hi all,
Since my last apt update yesterday my Plasma desktop turns weird with black squares instead of borders, icons or buttons. Look at the screenshot! It occurs only on kde applications, everything is ok with gtk.
I run a Debian SID up to date server with bi Xeon, Supermicor motheroard and AMD Radeon Pro WX graphic card.

Do you experience the same troubles with an up to date SID ?

Thank you for your answers.

sunrat
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Plasma turns weird

#2 Post by sunrat »

Probably a casualty of the massive time_t transition. It's a dangerous period in Sid at present. It is recommended to wait until all is clear before upgrading. See - [SID - Unstable] update stuck at resolving dependencies
In Sid one should always do very regular system backups especially before large upgrades, then you could restore to before the upgrade.

Moved to Testing and Unstable subforum.
“ computer users can be divided into 2 categories:
Those who have lost data
...and those who have not lost data YET ”
Remember to BACKUP!

El_Rapha

Re: Plasma turns weird

#3 Post by El_Rapha »

Arf, that's what I was afraid of! I will wait.
Thank you very much for your answer.