Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

multiboot flash drive

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
jerome017

multiboot flash drive

#1 Post by jerome017 »

Hi everyone
A question has arisen (stupid). Using the WinUSB program I created a multiboot flash drive. First (as in the instructions) I recorded Win10 64-bit, after Debian 12. Now there is a need to add Win10 32-bit there. Is it possible to add it there or do I need to completely format the flash drive and write it again in the order: Win10 32, Win10 64, Debian?

oZu

Re: multiboot flash drive

#2 Post by oZu »

WinUSB looks like a kind of obscure, Windows-only app the code of which is not publicly available. At least not from its website. A Linux forum perhaps isn't the most suitable place to seek support for this piece of software.

I recommend Ventoy as an alternative for creation of a multi-boot installation media. It is cross-platform, in active development, its code is accessible to public and there are significantly more chances that people active on Linux forums know how to use it.

jerome017

#3 Post by jerome017 »

Thank you for your answer, I didn’t know about Ventoy, I’ll try it

pbear

#4 Post by pbear »

Another reason to use Ventoy is that the question you asked never arises. Once set up - medium difficulty, not just click a button - you add ISOs simply by copying them to a partition on the flash drive. You remove them with an ordinary file delete command. Among the things you can put on a Ventoy drive is Hiren's Boot CD, one of the best Windows recovery suites available.