Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Solved] VSFTPD and SSL certificate assigned prevents local IP access?

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
123sean

[Solved] VSFTPD and SSL certificate assigned prevents local IP access?

#1 Post by 123sean »

Hello everyone!

I've been having a tricky situation with my vsftpd install since I followed a guide on installing an SSL certificate to have a friend connect to my file-share server. I used Openssl to create an ssl key with RSA encryption, made a public key off of that key, and then configured vsftpd to use both the private and public keys as well as enabling outright the use of SSL. The main problem I'm experiencing is the reverse of what most people talk about online: I cannot connect locally to the server using it's local IP address but I can connect to it via the external IP address. I'm also trying to use SFTP to connect properly as well.

I have home internet, so getting a static line just isn't an option, and I'd hate to have to reconfigure my local clients every time. If I can get some assistance, that'd be greatly appreciated, just let me know what you'd need to see and I'll get it to ya.

Thank you!
Last edited by 123sean on 2024-04-04 05:31, edited 1 time in total.

123sean

Re: VSFTPD and SSL certificate assigned prevents local IP access?

#2 Post by 123sean »

Hello everyone,

Nevermind, big dummy on my part, I kept trying to use the public port instead of the private port, which just uses the default SSH port of 22 to connect to it. Sorry for creating a new thread, this can be locked now.

Thank you!