Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Solved] Download is performed unsandboxed as root - pkgAcquire::Run (13: Permission denied)

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
MrT

[Solved] Download is performed unsandboxed as root - pkgAcquire::Run (13: Permission denied)

#1 Post by MrT »

Debian 12 Bookworm.

I have been following https://kernel-team.pages.debian.net/ke ... n-official but I have run into a snag.

When I run "apt-get source linux"

W: Download is performed unsandboxed as root as file 'linux_6.1.76-1.dsc' couldn't be accessed by user '_apt'. - pkgAcquire::Run (13: Permission denied)

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 290924 Jan 31 22:24 linux_6.1.76-1.dsc

The only reason I am doing this is to use the ACS Override patch for VFIO passthrough. If there is an official Debian kernel I can install with it already patched that would be even better.

Edit: Ok so apparently the issue is it doesn't like it when I do this as root. If I do it as a normal user there is no problem.
Last edited by MrT on 2024-04-08 20:29, edited 1 time in total.

Aki
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Up to date instructions for compiling debian official kernel?

#2 Post by Aki »

Hello,
MrT wrote: 2024-04-08 08:28 Edit: Ok so apparently the issue is it doesn't like it when I do this as root. If I do it as a normal user there is no problem.
I'm glad you sorted it out. :)

Please, mark the discussion as "solved" manually adding the text tag "[Solved]" at the beginning of the subject of the first message (after other tags, if any). It is also an opportunity to the make the subject more understandable to other forum users and readers, if necessary; i.e. :
Happy Debian !
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Debian - The universal operating system
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org
⠈⠳⣄⠀