Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Software] Flatpak version of Newsflash doesn't run immediately

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
debianpwr

[Software] Flatpak version of Newsflash doesn't run immediately

#1 Post by debianpwr »

Hi, I've installed the flatpak version of Newsflash (v. 3.2.0), a rss reader app.

I have Debain 12 with Gnome and I can see the icon of Newsflash in the dashbord so I can launch the application with desktop integration but my problem is that app doesn't run immediately. After 3 attempts the app appears but this behavior is very annoying, I want run the app in the first attempt.

Another weird thing is when I run the app with flatpak run io.gitlab.news_flash.NewsFlash in terminal the app starts immediately.

arzgi

Re: [Software] Flatpak version of Newsflash doesn't run immediately

#2 Post by arzgi »

That's not a Debian problem, you should ask the flatpak version author/s.

cds60601
df -h | participant
df -h | participant

#3 Post by cds60601 »

Why not clone the directory and compile it - the instructions and dependencies are listed - seems easy enough.
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

debianpwr

#4 Post by debianpwr »

arzgi wrote: 2024-04-07 08:46 That's not a Debian problem, you should ask the flatpak version author/s.
Well, the app's maintainer says that is a system problem. Look here, a different user with the same problem.
cds60601 wrote: 2024-04-07 14:50 Why not clone the directory and compile it - the instructions and dependencies are listed - seems easy enough.
I've tried but to try compile bleeding edge software within debian stable is a nightmare, I have problem with a only one dependency: gstreamer-player, for solve it I need to compile gtk4 devel, that is a infinity chain of suffer.

Well I think is a problem with flatpak and its configuration.

Aki
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#5 Post by Aki »

debianpwr wrote: 2024-04-08 00:37 Well I think is a problem with flatpak and its configuration.
Moved to "Off-Topic" sub-forum.
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Debian - The universal operating system
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org
⠈⠳⣄⠀