Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Testing-Bullseye] Can we put threads here if we are testing Bullseye still ;D

Here you can discuss every aspect of Debian. Note: not for support requests!
Linuxgaming1824

[Testing-Bullseye] Can we put threads here if we are testing Bullseye still ;D

#1 Post by Linuxgaming1824 »

Hi guys, I'm wondering if maybe this is the right place to put threads for those of us, who still love Debian Bullseye so much we are still testing in it, and working on making it better, for our needs. : D

Reference: viewtopic.php?t=158899

Right now for example, I am testing the latest linux kernel, 6.8 with the latest nvidia driver 550, with the latest
version of bullseye 11.9, and some bandaid packages from bookworm : D (and it's going great!)

I have used debian on and off for a long time, and the bullseye version was my absolute favorite, and I consider it
the most stable, reliable, debian, I have ever used before. I now call it, the super stable debian : D

(also the most stable linux distribution I have ever used before)(sorry slackware)

CwF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [Testing-Bullseye] Can we put threads here if we are testing Bullseye still ;D

#2 Post by CwF »

First - figure out how to use code tags. It's not for you're style, it's for the varied methods and other readers.

And No, my vote is for Off-Topic.

sunrat
Administrator
Administrator

Re: [Testing-Bullseye] Can we put threads here if we are testing Bullseye still ;D

#3 Post by sunrat »

CwF wrote: 2024-04-17 03:49And No, my vote is for Off-Topic.
Agreed. It certainly doesn't belong in Testing and Unstable subforum as that is currently specifically for Trixie. It's not really Off-Topic though as Bullseye is still supported. You can certainly post any Bullseye issues in the Help and Support section.
However as this seems more of a discussion thread, I have moved it to Community > General Debian.
“ computer users can be divided into 2 categories:
Those who have lost data
...and those who have not lost data YET ”
Remember to BACKUP!

Linuxgaming1824

#4 Post by Linuxgaming1824 »

What do you guys think about that? I'm still working with Debian Bullseye (11.9) and testing things there because of the unique capability and utility it affords my use case, high performance gaming, even though other people using debian have moved on and are working with newer software systems, the stability of Bullseye is so profound and useful that other members of debian are still working on improving Bullseye! I think that's really cool!

Update: I am going to customize the latest kernel at some point, hopefully today or this week, for bullseye and post some notes on the build somewhere, I think I have to remake the whole guide now...