Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Comment] Forum Mods Support Harassment

Code of conduct, suggestions, and information on forums.debian.net.
Linuxgaming1824

[Comment] Forum Mods Support Harassment

#1 Post by Linuxgaming1824 »

Hi guys, I just wanted to point out that I have been a Linux user for a long time, and have tried my best
to support the communities throughout the linux world, and healthy positive social interactions for as long as I have been a linux user in fact, and have never deviated from that purpose. I also have experienced a lot of harassment in different linux forums, as well as have seen other linux users be harassed frequently. This type of environment is what drives people away from linux, and linux communities, and is antithetical to it's/their health and wellbeing.

When not only regular users are harassing people in linux forums, but also the forum administrators who are responsible for representing the linux distribution itself in part, that is a highly alarming situation, and is totally unacceptable to me. The administrators of the debian forum should be ashamed of themselves for allowing the debian forums to become so heavily influenced by this kind of negative social interaction, that I have seen is typical daily behavior here.

I am not only a member of the Debian community, but also a wide variety of other Linux Communities, and these incidents are not isolated in the debian forums, but will impact the understanding and perception of Debian broadly in other Linux Communities as well.

Diesel330

Re: [Comment] Forum Mods Support Harassment

#2 Post by Diesel330 »

I never been harassed in here despite my major noob questions and replies, you should include links to harassing posts so we can judge for ourselves

CwF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#3 Post by CwF »

Linuxgaming1824 wrote: 2024-04-21 18:49 healthy positive social interactions
BS. You're an instigator. Your victimhood is your goal.
You repeat, you evade, you complain.
Diesel330 wrote: 2024-04-21 18:58 I never been harassed in here despite my major noob questions and replies, you should include links to harassing posts so we can judge for ourselves
Thank you.

Ignore the bait. Let this embarrassing episode die, and move forward.

Linuxgaming1824

#4 Post by Linuxgaming1824 »

BS. You're an instigator. Your victimhood is your goal.
You repeat, you evade, you complain.
No CwF that is clearly not true. And you are one of the forum mods openly harassing members of this community.
This behaviour is totally unacceptable, you are in effect poisoning the debian community with your actions.

It's not 'funny'
It's not 'cool'

I don't allow myself to be mislead by manipulative social behavior such as your own, which you criticize me for.

I will continue to support the health and wellbeing of the Debian Linux Community despite your extremely negative behaviour.
I'm not scared of you, or intimidated by your actions.
I will continue to defend the best interests of all of the members of Debian, and that includes you.

wizard10000
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#5 Post by wizard10000 »

I'm locking this thread. If you have an issue with the way this forum is moderated take it up privately with a forum admin.

@sunrat @donald @4D696B65 @dilberts_left_nut @Aki
we see things not as they are, but as we are.
-- anais nin