Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

samba share across multiple PC's

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
rac8006

samba share across multiple PC's

#1 Post by rac8006 »

I have a DLink DNS323 which uses smb1. This device is currently mapped as T: and U; on my windows 10 Pro pc and laptop. I also have a WD My Cloud gen1 single disk using smb3 I think. I also have a PC running Debian Linux 12.5. I want to copy all of the files from the DLink device to the WD device. After copying all of the files. I unmapped the T: and U; shares of the DLink device and mapped T: and U: from the WD device. After the mapping I checked some of the folders and found that only the top level files and folders were visible. Every folder was empty. After a log of fiddling I got most of the folders to show files. Not sure what I finally did to get this almost working. So I tried to mount the WD device to the Linux PC and got the same problem of the folders being empty.
My question is what do I need to do the be able to mount the WD device on the windows PC and the Linux PC with all files available. I want to use the Linux PC as backup for the WD device and use the WD device as backup for some files from the Linux PC.

mrmazda

Re: samba share across multiple PC's

#2 Post by mrmazda »