Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

RGB Lighting Not Working on Gamer Ares M2 RGB Keyboard in Debian

Need help with peripherals or devices?
mrnordio2

RGB Lighting Not Working on Gamer Ares M2 RGB Keyboard in Debian

#1 Post by mrnordio2 »

Hello everyone,

I am experiencing an issue with my Gamer Ares M2 RGB keyboard when using Debian (latest version). The keyboard is supposed to have RGB backlighting, which works perfectly on Windows. However, on Debian, the backlighting doesn’t turn on at all.

There is a specific button on the keyboard meant to control the lighting, but pressing it has no effect under Debian. I've checked for drivers or similar issues but haven't found anything specific to Debian for this keyboard model.

Has anyone else faced this problem, or does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the RGB lighting to work on Debian? Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Last bumped by mrnordio2 on 2024-05-17 13:12.
In a world of 1s and 0s, I am the exceptional exception. Linux isn't just my platform; it's my playground.