Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

gtkmm: radio button group status is not a property?

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
Onsemeliot

gtkmm: radio button group status is not a property?

#1 Post by Onsemeliot »

I am trying to learn creating C++ applications using gtk. Therefore, I started following the official introduction guide to gtkmm.

In chapter 6 radio buttons are introduced. But the guide fails to mention how it should be possible to access the present value of the group as a whole. And even after hours of searching the documentation and in general on the internet I can't find such a property. Of course it is possible to check every buttons state separately and then do what ever I want to do from there but I can't comprehend why a radio button group option even exists when it doesn't offer the one feature for having one (binding different options into a single construct that – as a whole – can have different values).

Is there really no compound value attribute of a radio group in gtkmm? What is the point of using it then? What am I missing?

ruwolf

Re: gtkmm: radio button group status is not a property?

#2 Post by ruwolf »

I do not know.
Maybe original can hint? GTK4: class.CheckButton#grouping