WIFI problem when configuring prior to implementation

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
admiincomp

WIFI problem when configuring prior to implementation

#1 Post by admiincomp »

When I use the network manage applet 1.30.0 on Debian 12 and I preconfigured all the correct parameters for WIFI I expected that when I disable an re-enable wifi it would connect automatically to the predefined WIFI SSID but instead it doesn't. So I manually connect to the SSID and it asks me for the password. The password has already been correctly entered but it still makes the request. Below are the steps

wifi pict 1.jpg
wifi pic 2.jpg
wifi pic 3.jpg
wifi pic 4.jpg
If i enter the same copied password it works on the request but creates another SSID with 1 appended. Is this a known issue ?

admiincomp

Re: WIFI problem when configuring prior to implementation

#2 Post by admiincomp »

Can anyone preconfigure theire WIFI network then have it automatically connect?

debirose55

#3 Post by debirose55 »

admiincomp wrote: 2024-05-25 02:16 Can anyone preconfigure theire WIFI network then have it automatically connect?download lagu
Maybe, It seems there's an issue with Network Manager on Debian 12 not saving the Wi-Fi password correctly. When re-enabling Wi-Fi, it should connect automatically but prompts for the password instead. This results in a duplicate SSID.

lindi
Debian Developer
Debian Developer

#4 Post by lindi »

Can you compare these two .nmconnection files in /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections?

admiincomp

#5 Post by admiincomp »

I found that the issue is if you choose "create a new WIFI network" from the network manager applet 1.30.0 it does not work. But if you use "edit connection and click on the plus sign then enter the parameters that works.