[Software] [SOLVED] No such file or folder for executable file with commands file and ldd

Programming languages, Coding, Executables, Package Creation, and Scripting.
Hadi_Lovelorn

Re: [Software] No such file or folder for executable file with commands file and ldd

#21 Post by Hadi_Lovelorn »

blackbird

No , I have a printf("Enter filename :\n"); and 200 element string of filename that will be taken by scanf on Terminal but after that the TE error occurs again .....

Aki
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [Software] No such file or folder for executable file with commands file and ldd

#22 Post by Aki »

Hadi_Lovelorn wrote: 2024-08-19 15:38 No , I have a printf("Enter filename :\n"); and 200 element string of filename that will be taken by scanf on Terminal but after that the TE error occurs again .....
@Hadi_Lovelorn: it's rather unusual in my experience to be asked to solve riddles about the contents of presumably buggy source code in order to help someone who has full, unshared access to that code.
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Debian - The universal operating system
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org
⠈⠳⣄⠀

Hadi_Lovelorn

#23 Post by Hadi_Lovelorn »

Aki

No , Just he said it's because of copied code that works and I said no , I edited it and TE doesn't refer to that code ..... I want to know what TE means ....... I searched Google for *** TE error , but found 0 results .......

Hadi_Lovelorn

Re: [Software] [SOLVED] No such file or folder for executable file with commands file and ldd

#24 Post by Hadi_Lovelorn »

Solved ...... I just wrote printf{} twice and scanf{} with delay ...... Thanks

Aki
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [Software] [SOLVED] No such file or folder for executable file with commands file and ldd

#25 Post by Aki »

Hadi_Lovelorn wrote: 2024-08-20 15:52 Solved ...... I just wrote printf{} twice and scanf{} with delay ...... Thanks
It is impossible to say for sure (because you didn't share the source code of your "program"), but the reported fix for the bug in your code does not explain it and the fix is poorly plausible according to the type of error.

In the better hypothesis, you have also done something different without realising it, otherwise the error disappeared only due to unpredictable behavior due to your code.

The most probable explanation (according to the behaviour of malfunctioning program) is the one suggested by @blackbird in his last post.
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Debian - The universal operating system
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org
⠈⠳⣄⠀

Hadi_Lovelorn

#26 Post by Hadi_Lovelorn »

Aki

Hello

No , I told You , I didn't used Macros ..... I replaced them with taking file names .... But scanf was on the other line than after printf ..... So program couldn't take name of file and FILE * fr = fopen() took nothing ...... Only unrelated and misleading error .........

blackbird

#27 Post by blackbird »

Hadi_Lovelorn wrote: 2024-08-21 07:23 Aki
No , I told You , I didn't used Macros ..... I replaced them with taking file names .... But scanf was on the other line than after printf ..... So program couldn't take name of file and FILE * fr = fopen() took nothing ...... Only unrelated and misleading error .........
That is exactly what I've written. You have a printf which should print the filename variable but the variable is not initialized.

Hadi_Lovelorn

#28 Post by Hadi_Lovelorn »

blackbird

That is somehow similar ...... But not exactly ..... The filename wasn't taken but the Macro didn't used and also I used printf ........ But any way Thank You .........